SRA Information Technology Pty Ltd (SRA) was founded in 1992 and is an Australian company with offices in Darwin, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and Canberra.
SRA undertakes software development, implementation and support projects in all States and Territories of Australia as well as overseas. Our company is an Australian success story, having grown to 100 staff since our inception. Our success is based on a strong track record for delivering on customer promises and exceeding expectations in the projects we undertake.
We focus on providing highly skilled project teams with expertise across the full software development lifecycle, utilising varied technologies and governed by industry standards and best practice. We operate under the Prince2 and ITIL methodologies and frameworks in all projects we undertake. As a designated software company and true specialist, we dedicate all of our resources to achieving excellence in custom software development and integration with major platforms. An increasing number of our solutions are implemented in the ‘cloud’, which we utilise to provide fully managed services to our customers.
SRA is a more than a committed software services company.
We frequently act in advisory roles to our Federal, State and Local Government clients as well as our Corporate Enterprise and SMB clients by undertaking strategic planning and independent reviews, business case propositions and technical consulting.
Our focus is probably a key factor behind both our expanding national and international client base and the substantial list of awards and honours we have received.
SRA has created a wealth of web-based solutions for Commonwealth and State Governments clients, as well as numerous public-facing, government- to- community and government- to- business web applications.
SRA is a preferred supplier on a number of State and Commonwealth Government ICT panels, which have resulted in various types of engagements. Currently, SRA is listed on the following panels in the NT:
NT Department of Corporate and Information Services – ICT Goods and Services Panel D17-0215
NT Department of Corporate and Information Services – ICT Specialist Panel D14-0026
NT Department of Correctional Services – Specialist Business Services Panel Q16-0217
NT Department of Education – Data Warehouse and BI Services Panel D13-0363
NT Department of Health – Panel Contract for Provision of ICT Services D17-0124
NT Power and Water Corporation – BI Services Panel PXD00326-17
SRA’s expertise has achieved substantial recognition in Australia and internationally for a number of key projects. The following are just some of the awards we have received for our work:
2018 Australian Export Award – Australian Exporter of the Year in the category Environmental Solutions
2017 Australian Information Industry Association – Smart Data Challenge Winner for our Real-time Internet of Things (RIoT) Platform
2017 NT Chief Minister’s Export and Industry Awards Environmental Solutions Exporter winner and the overall Chief Minister’s NT Exporter of the Year for 2017
2017 South Australian iAwards for Public Sector Transformation for SRA’s SARIG solution (South Australian Resources Information Gateway)
2016 Australian Information Industry Association Sustainability iAward for the ‘Attendance Management Mapping App’ for the NT Department of Education
2015 Australian Information Industry Association Sustainability iAward for our ‘Insight Dashboard’ visualisation tool for environmental data
2014 NT Chief Minister’s Export and Industry Awards Environmental Solutions Exporter winner and the overall Chief Minister’s NT Exporter of the Year for 2014
2013 ‘Best ICT Product’ award in the Health category at the Australian Information Industry Association iAwards for the TeleHealth Communication System, followed up by a National Merit iAward for the same product
2013 Exporter of the Year at the Austrade Export Awards (NT)
2013 SARIG 2020, based on SRA’s geological and geo-spatial data viewer technology, won an Australian Government Excellence in e-Government Award
2010 South Australian Top 20 Innovation Award for EnviroSys GHG Emission module
2010 Runner up, Top South Australian Innovations of the decade for EnviroSys
2010 Highly Commended for 'Excellence in Environmental Management' category, 7th Annual Mining Prospect Awards
2010 NT Winner – Australian Export Awards
2009 Finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year
2008 South Australian Engineering and ICT Awards, Gold Cup winner for Excellence in Engineering and Commercialisation
2008 NT ICT Awards – Platinum Award
2007 Telstra Business Awards National Winner
2007 Telstra Business Awards National Innovation Winner
SRA’s strengths are in project-based work, undertaking the management, analysis, design, development, deployment and operational support of web and relational applications, business intelligence and reporting solutions, GIS-based applications, mobility solutions and systems that incorporate both spatial and a-spatial data.
Below is an overview of SRA’s key offerings and the services provided.
Client outcomes guaranteed through trusted and proven methodology – the new way to develop custom software.
- Strategic Planning - Let our Principal Consultants conduct engagements which deliver information strategy & business benefit realisation.
- Data Management & Analytics - Our dedicated data management experts will undertake a data assessment & fusion strategy for your business outcomes.
- Solution identification & justification - Our staff are both technology and business consultants, so we are able to offer business case development or assistance, requirements analyses & market scans to determine the perfect solution.
- Cloud architecture & strategy - As experts in Cloud Solutions we are able to architect consumption-based computing allowing you to focus on your business. Solutions include; PaaS, IaaS, SaaS for AWS or Azure.
- Custom Software Development
- Business System Accelerators. SRA has developed Microsoft & Java frameworks to accelerate business application development which streamline custom projects by as much as 70% (both time and cost).
- Proven & Trusted Methodology. With over 25 years' experience, SRA have developed project and software development methodologies which are adaptable to project need, agile, modern and risk averse, delivering value for money.
- Solution Design. SRA conduct client workshops, team surveys, documentation creation, mock-ups and wire frames in order to detail functional and non-functional requirements as part of our technical design services.
- Infrastructure Selection & Support. SRA understand how applications need to perform. We can prepare you for Cloud, on-premise or data centre hosting including security, management, availability and continuity planning.
- Data Warehouse / Data Lake. SRA are able to define and design implementation of data stores for business reporting or big data analytics, enabling data mining, predictive analysis and machine learning capabilities.
- Reporting & Dashboarding. From tool selection & integration to re-adoption projects, SRA can create, migrate, custom develop and implement reporting, dashboarding and analytics tools based on your use cases.
- Data Governance & Integration. After managing data for over 25 years, SRA has developed systems and processes to manage the flow, currency and accuracy of your data, allowing you to derive insight and decision support.
- Data Modelling & ETL. SRA consultants are experts at physical database definitions, detailed ETL/data load design and detailed semantic layer/metadata design in order to protect and enable your analytics project.
- Australian based Service Desk. Our ITIL service desk includes staff from SA, WA, NT, Qld and the ACT in order to “follow-the-sun” for our clients' time zones. We offer online, email and phone assistance with strict service level agreements (SLAs) in place.
- Proactive Monitoring & Management. Whether infrastructure or application, SRA provide proactive maintenance and performance monitoring for clients worldwide. We often provide advice back to internal client ICT departments or 3rd parties.
- Service Management & Operations. Beyond providing a "help desk" facility, SRA can also manage the ongoing operations of your project or solution. Our staff can manage your system as a full-function business service.
- Cloud & Infrastructure Support. Previously known as managed services, SRA actually provisions infrastructure architects to maintain, support and monitor your environment(s), whether we provision the infrastructure, or you do.
In addition to the custom software development projects we undertake, SRA also develops, implements and supports one of the world’s leading Environmental Data Management Systems: “EnviroSys”.
EnviroSys allows Governments and Corporate Organisations to save time, reduce cost, mitigate risk and improve performance.
- Capture Data from anywhere
- Feeds from real-time and other devices (IoT)
- Integration with (external) data providers and Systems
- Easy (mobile) direct data input
- Assess all Information in one Place
- Data governance and integrity; validate and verify data automatically
- Perform calculations and aggregations.
- Create notifications and alerts based on trigger levels and guidelines exceedances
- Reporting, Dashboards & Analytics
- Comprehensive reporting and analysis; ad-hoc or scheduled reporting, dashboards etc
- Monitor real-time data
- Create customised outputs and extracts
- Forecast and take action on guideline exceedances and regulatory conditions
- Track, and act, on change vs your key performance indicators
SRA also operates our own Placement Services division, giving our clients access to a large pool of exceptional technology professionals and allowing our clients to deploy SRA accredited resources into their teams.
- Only the best. We only accept the best candidates for your team. Qualifications, experience, certifications and fit are all considered before offering our accredited resources. We understand clearances, permitting, OHS standards and employment statuses to ensure perfection.
- Fit for purpose. SRA understands the Australian market, both Government as well as enterprise organisations. After 25 years, we know what it takes to make your project successful.
- Dedicated team of experts. Our professional team manages all aspects of placing an accredited resource with you. From candidate screening, consistent resume formatting, expedited paperwork, time sheet approvals and compliant invoicing.
- Preferred Supplier Status
- Commonwealth and State Government Panels. SRA maintains positions on all major Government panels and we hold preferred supplier status with most enterprise-sized businesses. This reduces risk when you are choosing a partner, streamlines procurement and ensures your project is not delayed.
- National and international Giants. We are preferred supplier to BHP, Rio Tinto, Wesfarmers, Macquarie, Rural Bank, Bridgestone, Adelaide Brighton, The World Bank, Carers Australia, Tronox, Beaumont Tiles, Anglo American, Boart Longyear, Fortescue, Citic Pacific, South 32 and many more.
- Why partner with SRA? We know you wish to undertake projects internally via a more agile approach which often grants greater opportunity to change requirements throughout and increase flexibility. Our ability to match the perfect resource streamlines on-boarding times, reduces project risk and improves both efficiency and productivity.
back to search results
- ICT Management Consultancy Services
- Software/Application Development
- Web Design & Development
- Web Hosting